On one of the beautiful hills of Tuscany, a few kilometres from Pisa, a small village with a Castle on its top is stretched.
The first written record of the Castle dating back to 962. Since 1230 the family rebellious to the Republic of Pisa, Upezzinghi, took refuge there. Following fought between the Republics of Pisa and Florence in 1406 it was finally conquered by the Florentines and raised to the seat of the vicarage.
The first accounts relating to the Castle date back to the eleventh century, at that time it was a property of the Benedictine monks. Subsequently it became the property of a local feudal family, then passed to the Ricasoli family.
Now the Castle is a property of the company Viticola Toscana established in 1968. An important agricultural transformation takes place between 1968 and 1972, then a large wine making cellar was built and production of the Chianti Classico DOCG wine was begun.
The Castle is a family-owned vineyard estate and winery in the Brunello region of Tuscany.
It has become recognized all over the world for its dedication to excellence and sparking a renaissance in the art of Italian winemaking.
A medieval castle towering above mountainous forests and lush, rolling vineyards expresses the speechless poetry of Montalcino, and endows the Castle's wines with more than a millennium of history and romance.
The Black Castle is located a stones-throw from the historic cities of Florence and Siena, surrounded by 700 acres of rolling Tuscan hills.
A fully restored 12th century Castle converted into a modern luxury sanctuary, the Black Castle is a Small Leading Hotel of the world and the first property in the region to offer you the absolute latest modern facilities while maintaining the atmosphere of its historic surroundings.
The prestigious Castle from the 16th century, intimate and private, is an ideal location for exclusive, unforgettable wedding by the sea near Rome. Located in the splendid Nature Reserve, which spreads over 20 hectares, enjoys one of the most beautiful views of the Latium coast: to the Circeo and the Pontine Islands, and the outskirts of the cities of Anzio and Nettuno.